CBD for Pets
- Doggy Daze $64.99 Sold By BuzznAdd to cartQuick Buy
- Chill Bites for Pets $29.95 Sold By BuzznAdd to cartQuick Buy
- THC-Free Pet Tincture $79.99 – $699.99 Sold By 4CornersCannabisSelect options
- Peanut Butter Pet Tincture $79.99 – $139.99 Sold By 4CornersCannabisSelect options
- Pet Tincture $10.99 – $139.99 Sold By 4CornersCannabisSelect options
- Full Spectrum CBD Dog Formula $51.00 Sold By Sustainable CBDSelect options
- Puppy Potion $49.95 Sold By BuzznAdd to cartQuick Buy
Receptra Pet Tincture 25 mg
$69.99Sold By Receptra NaturalsAdd to cartQuick Buy
Receptra Pet Tincture 16mg
$44.99Sold By Receptra NaturalsAdd to cartQuick Buy
CBD for Pets — CBD Dog Treats and More
Learn more about CBD pet products
Anyone with a pet will know how looking after their furry friend’s health is equally as important as caring for our own. From the outside, we might seem a little crazy, but we know our pets deserve the very best.
It should come as no surprise then that CBD for pets is one of the fastest-growing areas of natural healthcare supplements. Especially when we consider the growing body of evidence suggesting CBD may reduce pain and inflammation, as well as calming anxiety.
In case you hadn’t heard, CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring molecule found in hemp which is non-addictive, and lacks any intoxicating effects.
Many pet owners started giving CBD oil to their furry family members after experiencing the benefits for themselves. Nowadays though, there are hundreds of CBD and hemp products specially designed for pets, so there’s no worry about incorrect dosing or trying to hide the hempy taste from Fido.
Common Uses of CBD for Pets
- Encourage calm behavior in stressed out or anxious pets
- Improve mood
- Pain relief for stiff or arthritic joints
- Anti-inflammatory action
- Improved sleep patterns
- Appetite stimulation in elderly pets
- Sooth skin conditions and allergies
Common Types of CBD Pet Products
- Hemp oil
- CBD oil
- CBD capsules
- Hemp capsules
- Hemp treats
- CBD treats
- CBD biscuits
- Hemp biscuits
- CBD soft chews
- CBD infused peanut butter
- CBD topicals and balms
Current Studies & Benefits of CBD for Pets
Research into CBD oil for pets is still in its infancy, with most still carried out on mice or rats. So far, there has only been one clinical trial examining CBD’s pain relieving potential on dogs or cats.
Notably, the researchers found the dogs in the study “showed a significant decrease in pain and increase in activity with CBD oil. Veterinary assessment showed decreased pain during CBD treatment. No side effects were reported by owners.”
Another clinical trial is currently recruiting at Colorado State University, examining the effectiveness of CBD in treating dogs with epilepsy.
When it comes to anxiety, right now we have to rely on the anecdotal reports from owners about CBD and hemp for pets. Plus, a handful of small studies on humans, which have found CBD improves feelings of anxiety in public speaking. While our dogs and cats won’t ever deliver a speech in front of hundreds of people, this does suggest that CBD can calm anxiety even in some of the most stressful situations. Furthermore, tests on chronically stressed mice show how CBD reduces anxiety by promoting neuronal growth in the hippocampus area of the brain and increased endocannabinoid signalling.
You can also review the following studies on CBD for pets below:
- Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Clinical Efficacy of Cannabidiol Treatment in Osteoarthritic Dogs. Front Vet Sci. 2018; 5: 165.
- Efficacy of Cannabidiol for the Treatment of Epilepsy in Dogs, Colorado State University
- Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011 May;36(6):1219-26
- The anxiolytic effect of cannabidiol on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system. Int J Neuropsychopharmacology. 2013 Jul;16(6):1407-19
Case Study on CBD for Pets
Kizzy is a 14-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier suffering from osteoarthritis in her spine and hips. For a while now, she’s found it difficult to get up the stairs and has stopped enjoying her walks. Kizzy has also started showing signs of a neurological disorder that creates sudden episodes of dizziness.
With their vet’s support, Kizzy’s owners decided to pursue more natural alternatives to the prescription medication on offer which was affecting Kizzy’s mood and appetite.
They started giving Kizzy specially formulated hemp oil for pets containing CBD, alongside her morning and evening meals. Before long, Kizzy showed improved joint function, no longer needing a helping hand to get up the stairs at night. Not only that, she once more started to enjoy her daily walks, and her bouts of dizziness were reduced.
Kizzy’s owners are delighted as it feels like they’ve got their beloved pet back. They have now become CBD’s biggest advocates in the local dog park.
Takeaway on CBD Pet Products
CBD for pets is one of the fastest growing areas of natural health supplements for dogs and cats. Anecdotal reports outnumber clinical trials, but the fact that many vets are now including CBD infused pet treats and CBD oil for pets within the healthcare products they prescribe, indicates a shift towards CBD being accepted as a safe, effective, and natural pet product.
Shop CBD Pet Products on Leafz
At Leafz we’ve gone that extra mile by offering a wide selection of specially formulated CBD products for your pets. From CBD dog treats, to CBD oil for dogs, cats and other pets — you can rest easy knowing that you are giving your furry friends the best CBD pet products on the market.